Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
Where a refund is demanded , a 15% handling fee will be deducted
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
-Delivery or collection may not take place until the purchase price has been settled in full. All purchased items are made available for collection at our warehouse (987/8 Mokhampanyane Street Katlehong).
-Classic Designs will arrange to deliver the item/s to customer’s home on payment of a specified fee determined in relation to delivery distance. A single delivery fee will be charged regardless of the number of items purchased.
-Deliveries by Classic Designs will only take place within designated areas and during office hours on working days. Kindly ensure that the place of delivery is accessible for deliveries and that you have cleared the space for the merchandise prior to delivery, together with removing breakables that could be in the way of the installers.
-Installers will not move or dissemble any of a customer’s existing furniture.
-All items made available for collection or that is delivered will be sealed in the original packaging.
-The person receiving the item/s will be required to sign the proof of receipt/delivery to indicate that each item has been received undamaged and sealed in its original packaging.
-Should the item be damaged or the packaging is not in place, this must be indicated on the proof or receipt/delivery and the company representative and the person receiving the item must both sign the proof of receipt/delivery to this effect. If necessary, the item may be returned or swapped out at a later date if stock is not available should the item be irreparable.
Classic Designs cannot be held liable under its warranty policy for any damages visible at time of collection or after installation that have not been indicated on the proof of receipt/delivery by the customer.
Exchange and returns policy
- Should a customer choose to assemble their own purchases and it does not comply with the description given on the packaging with regards to product; components or assembly instructions, a call out fee will be charged to fix item/s if Classic Designs agrees to offer assistance.
- No refunds or exchanges will be entertained for merchandise that has been assembled by the customer or customer’s representative.
- The purchase price will be refunded in the same form of payment tender made by the customer and may be subject to a handling fee.
- Delivery fees are non refundable
- The exchange and refunds policy does not apply to mattresses unless the item/s is returned due to a manufacturer’s defect. The item will then be sent back to our mattress supplier and replaced if deemed faulty.
- Classic Designs reserves the right for a company appointed or manufacturer representative to inspect the item before a refund, repair or replacement is considered.
- Installed Classic Designs products have a workmanship warranty of 6 months from date of installation by our installers.
- Proof of purchase is required for the terms of the Classic Designs warranty policy to come into operation.
- Warranties are only applicable to items that have been used in a domestic environment and do not apply to items used for commercial purposes.
- Should the item be subject to manufacturers’ defect, Classic Designs will repair or replace the item at no charge once it has been inspected by Classic Designs rep within 7 days of purchase.
- The warranty does not extend to normal wear and tear associated with domestic use and natural wood effects or characteristic imperfections such as shrinkage and changes in colour with time.
- Classic Designs will not be liable for any damage whatsoever whether direct or consequential arising from the use of the merchandise.
Additional non-returnable items:
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over R700, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.